ATTENTION: If you have already registered for the Convention but have not yet mailed your check, please note that we have changed our registration policy.
CHECKS SHOULD NOW BE MADE PAYABLE TO:
KRUEGER EVENT MANAGEMENT, LLC
149 Winterburn Road
Beaver Falls, PA. 15010
- The 70th Metal Trades Department Convention Has an App, Download it Today
- Registration is open for the 70th Convention of the Metal Trades Department
- Hawaii Defense Workers Urge Senator Hirono to Fix Worker Travel Cuts
- The Effect of DOE Policy 350.1 on Representation and Morale on Union-Represented Contractor Personnel
- Pantex union chief: vote was ‘overwhelming’
Once you have downloaded the app, tap “Enter passphrase” and enter 4t78cnth to download our guide
I want to extend my warmest wishes to the working men and women of America’s great Metal Trades Unions. You are the beating heart of the greatest middle class in the world. Thank you for your commitment, your talent, your hard work and your service to our...
AFL-CIO Latest News
My current work as a forensic coordinator for a hospital in Baltimore brings me into daily contact with people who are in the court system. Every day I run mental assessments to help the court decide whether mental illness is responsible for a person’s visit to the local courthouse. In my previous job at a local jail, I saw a steady stream of people returning to jail because they didn’t know how difficult having a criminal record would make it for them to find steady employment and readjust to life in their communities.
When Hillary Clinton takes the stage for her first debate with Donald Trump, her primary purpose should be very simple: She must let go and be herself.
Every week, we bring you a roundup of the top news and commentary about issues and events important to working families. Here’s this week’s Working People Weekly List.
The Union Advantage
Union members earn better wages and benefits than workers who aren’t union members. On average, union workers’ wages are 27 percent higher than their nonunion counterparts.
Unionized workers are 60 percent more likely to have employer-provided pensions.
More than 79 percent of union workers have jobs that provide health insurance benefits, but less than half of nonunion workers do. Unions help employers create a more stable, productive workforce—where workers have a say in improving their jobs.
Unions help bring workers out of poverty and into the middle class. In fact, in states where workers don’t have union rights, workers’ incomes are lower.
- Wages are 27% higher than non-union 27%
- Unionized workers are 60 percent more likely to have employer-provided pensions 60%
- More than 79 percent of union workers have jobs that provide health insurance benefits 79%