The 2015 Metal Trades Department Conference has an App!
You could win an iPad Mini just for downloading!
The Guidebook will contain our daily agenda, a list of our speakers and other great information about our new venue. You’ll be able to plan your day with a personalized schedule and browse exhibitors, maps and general conference info.
And we will award a prize to one lucky downloader! Find out more!
- Hawaii Defense Workers Urge Senator Hirono to Fix Worker Travel Cuts
- The Effect of DOE Policy 350.1 on Representation and Morale on Union-Represented Contractor Personnel
- Pantex union chief: vote was ‘overwhelming’
- Online registration is closed! You can still register using the downloadable pdf on the linked page.
Union Officials Cautiously Optimistic as FMCS Calls Parties Back to the Table in Pantex Nuclear Facility Strike
Amarillo, TX—In a somewhat unusual move, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Services (FCMS) Director Allison Beck has called DOE contractor Consolidated Nuclear Services and the Amarillo Metal Trades Council (MTC) back to the bargaining table in an effort to resolve the dispute that led to a strike at the Pantex nuclear weapons facility in Amarillo, TX.
The Union Advantage
Union members earn better wages and benefits than workers who aren’t union members. On average, union workers’ wages are 27 percent higher than their nonunion counterparts.
Unionized workers are 60 percent more likely to have employer-provided pensions.
More than 79 percent of union workers have jobs that provide health insurance benefits, but less than half of nonunion workers do. Unions help employers create a more stable, productive workforce—where workers have a say in improving their jobs.
Unions help bring workers out of poverty and into the middle class. In fact, in states where workers don’t have union rights, workers’ incomes are lower.
- Wages are 27% higher than non-union 27%
- Unionized workers are 60 percent more likely to have employer-provided pensions 60%
- More than 79 percent of union workers have jobs that provide health insurance benefits 79%